Saturday 7 May 2016

I am poems

I am…
Success Criteria
Use a thesaurus to choose the best vocabulary
Choose the best nouns for the poem
Choose the best adjectives to describe some nouns
Leave the reader thinking about your poem by sharing what it inside you


Totara Whanau wrote poems sharing a little bit of them. Enjoy reading some of these special poems about the special children in Totara.

I am
I am a person from
Waimarama , Bridge pa , Tokomaru bay and Taupo .
I wonder what my Grandparent’s and my Great grandparents are like.
I hear the Amazing waves in Waimarama Crashing! into the salty water.
I see my Grandparent’s and and Great Grandparents out in Waimarama at the uropa .
I want to  all my greats and grandparent’s because
I am a person from :
Waimarama , Bridge pa , Tokomaru bay and Taupo.
I pretend to be out in Waimarama everyday doing a lots of Amazing things at the beach.
I feel like Parkvale school is my home .
I touch my all my greats and grandparent’s graves and it feels lovely .
I worry about people who are homeless.  
I cry because sometime’s I can be jealous that some of my sibling and cousin got to meet more of my family.  
I am
A person from :
Waimarama , Bridge pa , Tokomaru bay and Taupo
I understand when people tell me the right thing.
I say I love you to the great’s and grandparent’s every time my family goes out to Waimarama.
I dream of holding all of my grandparent’s  all the time.
I try to keep inside my head all of my family I have not met but are still near me.
I hope that we are always going out to Waimarama to see my family at the uropa
I am
A person from :
Waimarama , Bridge pa , Tokomaru bay and Taupo.

Poet Emma

I am individual, I am Unique
I wonder if others feel the way I feel for them?   
I hear the sweet melody of songs as they explain to me their story  
I see clouds and visualize a whole new world, a whole new life
I want others to know they glister just the way they are
I am individual, I am Unique  
I pretend I am something I’m not
I feel youthful and free  
I touch the fearless hearts of others  
I worry I am nonexistent   
I cry at the thought that others feel they are worthless... so they hurt themselves  
I am individual, I am unique
I understand I can’t change others
I say my thoughts and beliefs
I dream of creativity, light, love and abundance  
I try to reach for the gleaming stars
I hope one day I make a difference in this wonderful world  
I am Individual, I am Unique

Poet Charlotte

I am a bmx racer and a dirt bike racer
I wonder if I can play rugby on Saturdays    
I hear Ac Dc songs on the speaker
I see my dad shearing sheep with his boss
I want to be a shearer like my dad
I am a boxer and a karate fighter
I pretend to be  a rockstar on the stage
I feel ants climbing up my legs
I touch stuff that I can't afford
I worry about my brothers incase they get hurt
I am a bmx and a dirt bike racer
I understand that learning is tricky
I say nice words to adults and little kids
I dream of fighting robots and monsters
I try to keep up the good work on my writing and reading
I hope that I can meet a magpie player
I am a bmx racer and a dirt bike racer

Poet Arapata

I am eel man
I wonder if they will government will stop commercial fishing ?
I hear  jet skiers racing in the river mouth
I see kahawai jumping in the surf
I want to go fishing every day
I am eel man
I don't pretend
I feel water splashing around my legs when  cast my surf caster
I touch my cast net
I worry if I might in the swift channel get washed into the waves
I would cry if all eels die
I am eel man
I understand how to save the fish in New zealand
I say nothing                                         
I dream of catching the biggest eel in the world
I am eel man

Poet Ngahere

I am a thinker
I wonder who I’ll be?
I hear people having fun
I see learning coming
I want to have fun all the time
I am a thinker
I pretend that I’m the best runner in the world  
I feel delighted when I have donuts
I touch  the scrumptious cakes with my sticky hands
I worry about completing my work
I cry when I get really angry
I am a thinker
I understand that I’m an extraordinary learner
I say positive  things to everyone
I dream of minecraft
I try my best
I hope that I will be a pilot when I’m older
I am a thinker

Poet Jack

I am a dog lover
I wonder if I will ever have a broken arm?
I hear the wind talking to me
I see the sun shining on me
I want a husky for my birthday
I am a dog lover
I pretend I am the best singer in the whole world
I feel the sun burning me
I touch the soft long grass though my toes
I worry if something will go bad in my life
I cry when somebody calls me names
I am a dog lover
I understand when people don't want to talk about their feelings
I say what is  on my mind
I dream of baby huskies licking me on the face
I try my best at maths,reading,writing
I hope I have a great life when I grow up
I am a dog lover

Poet Ellazay

Check out some of the other amazing poems on children's individual blogs.
This was the poem that inspired us to write our own poems. Sometimes writing makes the reader stop and think. What does this poem make you think about?


No comments:

Post a Comment